The Highball

Previous | Home | Next

That's the term for your standard mixed drink glass. So when you order your gin and tonic, it should come in a ten-ounce highball glass. Some establishments use a smaller tumbler for "economic reasons." You can find highballs in pretty much any store that sells glasses. Most usually have a fairly wide selection.

In honor of the highball glass, let's make the drink known as a Highball. Fill your highball with ice. Add 1 ½oz. of rye or whiskey, and then fill to the top with ginger ale. Put a stirrer in and you have a Highball. And you thought bartending was going to be tough! So, in a nutshell, if you can count, you can tend bar.